District Crime Records Bureau
District Crime Records Bureau is headed by one Deputy Superintendent of Police who is also nodal officer of Crime Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS), Juvenile Justice, Anti Trafficking, Cases of Atrocities against SC/ST persons and Juvenile Police Unit.
Collection, Analysis and Dissemination of the crime data and rendering expert advice to Police Stations is the core function of the District Crime Records Bureau. DCRB has direct supervision on the functioning of the Finger Print Bureau, Official photographer and the Scientific Assistant and they visit the scenes of crime in important cases with the mobile laboratory vehicle and expert advice.
District Crime Records Bureau (DCRB) has been started functioning in Pathanamthitta district with effect from 1-9-1989
Following units are functioning along with DCRB.
- Single Digit Finger Print Bureau
- Photographic Unit
- District Computer Cell
Functioning of DCRB.
- DCRB is functioning under the overall control of District Police Chief, Pathanamthitta.
- To supervise and streamline collection of all type of Crime/Criminal data under the Police computerization scheme from police establishments in Pathanamthitta district.
- To supervise, guide, evaluate and modernize crime records management at district level.
- To give information of M.O criminals to investigating officers in District level.
- Collect and process Crime statistics of the district.