Clean Campus Safe Campus
Recent surveys and available literature show that substance use is increasing among children and adolescents. The problem is seen across all socioeconomic groups, from metropolitan cities to small towns and rural areas, with newer substances and multiple substance use also being documented. The fact that substances like tobacco, drugs and alcohol are considered to be the gateway for youngsters to tread on to more heinous crimes, calls for a collaborative and concerted effort to tackle all factors that can expose our children to such inappropriate activities. Since children spend most of their time in the formative years in schools and other educational institutions, it is highly imperative that they are provided with the safest and cleanest campuses.
Concerned at this, the Kerala Government is launching a widespread campaign aimed at arresting the rising prevalence of substance abuse and other inappropriate social behaviour among students named 'Clean Campus, Safe Campus', the Home, Education & Health Departments have come together to give shape and implement this long-term campaign that will target students up to standard 12 in the first phase.
For the effective implementation, School and District Level committees are formed in Pathanamthitta District.
The activites carried out in Pathanamthitta District
- Clean Campus Safe Campus implementation was initiated by 16 Janamaithri Police Stations . Cleaning programs and COTPA awareness classes conducted by health/Excise/Police authorities.
- Under the school monitoring committee school were conducted cleaning of school premises and take awareness classes .
- Anti Narcotic Rallies were conducted in school levels.
- School Protection Group / Monitoring Committees were formed.
- Complaint Box Installed.
- Schools and Colleges Anti Narcotic Club Formed .
- Several Awareness / Cleaning Programmes are conducting.